Friday, September 10, 2010

Samuel Richard Thayer

Samuel was born 9/10/10 at 2:22pm in St. Louis, MO.  He weighed 9lbs 4oz and was 22 1/4 inches long.  I went into the hospital at 8pm on the 9th to be induced.  The first stage of labor started around 2:30am on the 10th and my water broke shortly afterward around 3am.  By noon my nursing staff had me pushing trying to deliver.  However, Samuel decided he wasn't quite ready and I was worn out.  My doctor came in around 2pm, did an exam and said that with the help of a vacuum he was pretty confident he could get Samuel out and hopefully avoid a Cesarean.  A few short minutes later, Samuel joined the Thayer Family!

So without further adieu, here is Samuel Richard Thayer:


Minutes after he was born being cleaned up and getting his first Apgar exam...
About 40 minutes after Samuel arrived.
Close-up of picture above.  What a sweety!
After his trip to the nursery to get a bath.

Close-up of above picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment