Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Farm takes backstage

Today I'm 39-weeks pregnant (9-months for you non week-to-month converting folks) and had my weekly prenatal checkup.  I've been having some pretty miserable pregnancy related side-effects and just last week was told Samuel is a tad big and they want to keep an eye on his size.  Today I told my doctor all of my woes and how one in particular - severe itching all over - is unbearable.  I expected him to say something like 'it will all be over soon', but instead he said 'I think we need to deliver this baby'.  WHOA, say what? After a few minutes of discussion, I agreed.  So, tomorrow night at 8pm (yes, PM!) we go to the hospital to start the inducement process.

My point in telling you all of this is because there will be less going on here at the farmstead than normal.  Well, let me clarify... Dan will be doing a lot over the next week since we still have to get coops and pig-pens setup at the farm and ultimately need to move 5 pigs, 23 hens and 10 roosters, oh and the rest of our furniture.  However, since I'm the designated blog updater and will be busy the next few days giving birth, then afterward learning how to care for a newborn... all the while trying to ensure I don't get peed on while changing diapers... it's safe to say blog updates may be sporadic.

Dan and I are so blessed to work for a great company that gives 3-months fully paid maternity/paternity leave to Mom's and Dad's.  This is of course supposed to be time to bond with your baby, which it will be.  But it will also give us time to bond with our new farm.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment