Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer project: Swimming pool (part 1)

One day a few weeks ago it was hot.  So hot that I decided we needed a swimming pool.  I did some super-fast internet research and decided on an above-ground 18' x 54" pool with a salt-water filtration system.  It's not huge and we certainly won't be swimming laps in it.  But on hot, muggy Midwest summer days, it will be wet and cool.

The pool itself only takes about a day to setup and fill, but the instructions say the ground has to be perfectly level.  I'm not much of a preparation person.  I would have just set it up and hoped for the best.  Dan, however, is a "if you're going to do something, take the time to do it right" kind of person.  Needless to say, we butt heads sometimes.  It should also be obvious that since he is the one that is actually setting up the pool, that the ground is being leveled. I know this is the right thing to do, but I'm impatient and just want to swim.

Here he is beginning to excavate to get the ground somewhat level...



The first round of excavating is done.  The next step is to continue leveling with standard yard tools.  I'm not sure how many steps there are to leveling ground, but I'll keep you posted of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment