Friday, January 6, 2012

Mmm... coffee

Last Saturday was my first day home alone with both kids.  Dan had to drive up to the meat processor to pick up pork and deliver it to St. Louis - he was gone from 8am-7pm.  The morning started out pretty well and I was doing an okay job juggling Samuel and Evie.  However, after lunch you could tell Samuel was getting a little tired of sharing me with Evie and started looking for the wrong kind of attention. He was opening cabinets, pulling books off the bookshelf, etc.  He finally settled down a little so I went down the hall for a minute to do something while he was playing in the kitchen area.  When I came back into the room, he was holding a spent coffee filter that he dug out of the trash can.  This is what a 15-month old looks like when he gets his hands on a wet coffee filter...

 


It took all I had not to start laughing.  Of course, that was before I saw the rest of what he did.  After getting him cleaned up, I followed the coffee ground trail from the kitchen, through the breakfast room and into the family room.  I got that all vacuumed up before seeing the final present he left for me...




Fortunately, the coffee grounds were a couple of hours old and dried out a little bit, so the couch and the See 'n Say vacuumed up pretty easily.  Needless to say, the kitchen trash can is now behind a cabinet with child proof latches!

No comments:

Post a Comment