Sunday, May 2, 2010

Homemade chili powder

I used the last of the store-bought chili powder making homemade taco seasoning.  So I decided to try my hand at homemade chili powder.  We've had some chilies drying since last summer that I've been meaning to use, but just haven't gotten around to it.  Today is the day!

½ cup rough chopped chilies of your choice. Remove seeds; set aside. Grind chilies to a powder.

1 tablespoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon smoked paprika

Put all spices/herbs back in the grinder along with seeds (whatever amount/heat you desire). I use about ½ of what I removed. Grind to combine and make more fine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi this is you Dads cousin Joanne. I liked your bunny ideas. And as going to write down your recipe for chile power. I love Chile.
    I didn't know Mother Earth News was still being published. I used to read it myself

    ReplyDelete